A spelling bee competition is a great way to generate interest in spelling and to motivate children to succeed!
Short term spelling practice tips: What you can do just weeks or days before the Bee!
1. Practice a lot of words aloud with a friend or family member.
2. Post spelling words everywhere: the bathroom mirror, your computer desktop, your kitchen, and even your school desk.
3. Carry a list of words you want to learn in your pocket. You can pull it out to study when you have spare minutes between other activities.
4. Ask someone to quiz you on words you haven't studied.
5. The night before the spelling bee, get plenty of rest. Eat a good breakfast in the morning. Include some protein, such as eggs, cheese and toast.